Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Daily Devotional Thought

Morning: Psalms 61:1-3 (NIV) 1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe."

Do you see a pattern in our readings this week? It seems most of the time we are in desperate need for God to deliver. There are moments of peace but they last only briefly in our struggle to walk with God in this fallen world. How can this be? If we were really obeying God this should not be the case should it?

The answer to this question is, “Yes this is as it should be.” If Jesus spent his time on earth offering up loud cries and petitions to God then how should we face anything less? We live in a world that is set against everything we seek to obey and honor. God has designed it to be so. He knows how quickly we would run from him if things were running smoothly so He determined our steps and sees to it that we have numerous opportunities to cry out to Him for his deliverance.

Is your heart growing faint? God has designed it to be so that you would see his deliverance and find Him to be your sole source of strength.

No comments: